Monday, June 15, 2015

Tyler - Week 2

Fluid power has proven its many advantages due to its compactness and high power density.  Its technology can been seen in commercial use in large scale machinery, automatic transmissions, and precision power tools.  Along with the center's research in efficiency through storage and recirculation methods fluid power technologies could be seen in many more applications in the future.

My work so far has been designing a hydraulic system with a variable loaded actuator with the intention of testing the power and efficiency of motor control and valve control methods.  I've also been trying to read up on other fluid power publications and system advancements to further my knowledge but it turns out many of these mechanisms can be extremely complex.  So I will continue my learning over the course of my stay here at Unv of Minnesota.

Hope everyone's projects are going well and enjoying the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment