Monday, July 13, 2015

Week 6 from Tyler

Three basic traits or characteristics that I would associate with engineering as a kid growing up are building, fixing, and curiosity.  Whether it was building snow forts in the winter or bike ramps in the summer, I was always eager to use the pieces and tools around me to create something and spark an adventure.  If a hockey stick broke I would find a branch and duck tape to fix it. My curiosity and imagination always allowed me to try new things and to never be afraid to be wrong or fail but rather learn from all the experiences.  These behaviors as a kid drove me to have a problem solving approach to things and allowed me to do well in subjects like math an physics.  By the time it was for me to choose a field of study at college it seemed obvious to go the engineering root to continue this approach to new challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment