Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Week 3: What About Me?

Hi everyone,

It's your lovable yet incredibly forgetful friend Justin. It's been quite the adventure here in 504 Olin at Vandy. It's hard to keep entertained, what with all the daytime sky diving trips, Music City concerts every night, and bear wrestling in the Smokies every weekend. Boring. *snore*

Nah, it's been a lot of fun getting to know my lab mates and experiencing research firsthand. Anna and professor Barth (my research supervisors) have been wonderfully helpful with teaching what I need to know to have an active role in our very innovative project. While I sometimes feel a combination of clueless and useless in the lab, I have gained very valuable experience that I will take with me after my graduation.

I've noticed that our lab has a more laid back atmosphere. Despite the stress brought on by the looming requirement of graduation, the graduate students in my lab are very friendly and still enjoy the fun that Nashville has to offer. The fact that our projects all involve similar principles of physics, yet are diverse enough to keep the day-to-day engineering experiences interesting, creates an implicit attitude of teamwork. I've enjoyed it so far and look forward to more of the bear wrestling.

Until next time, well.. the next post, which will be in the next hour,
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment