Wednesday, July 22, 2015
Now for an update on my project. My sensor design has been approved and I have ordered the steel/parts necessary to construct it. Lately I have been in the machine shop trying my hand at machining which is a slow and grueling process but it is coming along. I am now machining my final piece of steel which happens to be the most intricate. Once I have completed machining the steel components, I can assembly my diabolical contraption and begin hooking up sensors to interface it with Matlab. Finally I will be able to take some data from my fluid compressibility sensor to determine the bulk modulus of different oil/gas mixtures.
Good luck to everyone on their projects!