Monday, June 1, 2015

Bootcamp Reflection

It was nice to meet, if only briefly, most of the people who will be contributing to this blog in person at the Fluid Power Bootcamp. I think it's fair to say that we had a mixture of entertaining and educational experiences, and I think it was fairly unanimous that the food was amazing.
Crème Brûlée at Bistro 501
From what I understand, one of the primary reasons for the Fluid Power Bootcamp was to give us students an elementary introduction to fluid power. As a student with only one semester remaining in my studies and a senior design project relating to fluid power, much of the information presented was relatively familiar to me. For me the most interesting tidbit was that Purdue University, specifically the MAHA Fluid Power Lab, has a top of the line in house modeling system for their fluid power systems. At the most basic level the software is based on Pascal's law. Unfortunately, our time did not allow for a demonstration of the software, and the software will not be available on the other campuses.

The whole traveling process meant that the last week involved several nights of little sleep. Coming to Purdue I had a 6AM flight out of Bozeman, but the time zone change helped some. Leaving Purdue was a bit more complicated. It took calling multiple taxi companies and the help of Alyssa to find a cab that could pick me up at 4AM to get me to my shuttle back to the Indianapolis airport. In the end it all worked out fine, and I got to Milwaukee without any significant problems.

Lake Michigan



No comments:

Post a Comment