Thursday, June 11, 2015

Two for the Price of One (oops)

Hey everyone! This is a double blog post. Twice the fun for those eager enough to read about my life and my adventures. (i.e. I forgot to do the first two entries so here are the entries for weeks one and two)

Going to the boot-camp was a wonderful experience. I learned a lot about the fascinating applications of fluid power. Waaay more than I ever realized. While fluid dynamics and fluid power were always interesting to me, given my physics background, I never thought I would find myself working hands-on with it.

I am also very thankful for the opportunity to meet a bunch of fun, interesting, and wonderfully nerdy people like myself (nerdy is good - not an insult) :D
I had a lot of fun at boot-camp, and am very grateful for the generous hospitality of the CCEFP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My first week here at Vanderbilt has opened my eyes to some of the fascinating work I was hoping to find. I love the research they do in my lab and the real-world applications of our projects are everywhere. It amazes me to witness the incredible versatility and effectiveness of fluid power.

While my first week hasn't been particularly challenging or exciting, I have learned much more about my project and I am so excited to be a part of this. This week (second week) I can finally start doing some MATLAB Simulink and SolidWorks stuff! Let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment