Thursday, June 18, 2015

Week 3 Post: Briana Geary

Prior to beginning this program, I was under the impression that I would be continuing with a past REU student's research by delving deeper into understanding the relationship between relative humidity and hydraulic fluid. As I mentioned in my last post, my new project revolves around analyzing the moisture and particulate content in various blends of biodiesel fuels as well as seeing how this fuel relates to fluid power.

In regards to the research environment, I am discovering that it's an extremely dynamic culture. Variables are always changing, so you must be able to adapt to an unexpected situation and respond accordingly. Although I am not a fan of surprises at times, the skills and concepts that I will walk away with from this experience will be extremely valuable as I continue my education.

No comments:

Post a Comment