Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Week 3

Working in a research lab has taught me a lot beyond the research itself. Back at USC, every engineering student I know intends to take their skills with them to industry. I haven't heard of any who intend to pursue a PHD in their field or go into academia. So being in the lab here at the University of Illinois is very interesting as I'm working daily around 8 or 9 students working on their PHD all of whom intend to continue work in academia. I see now why some choose that option. Research is fascinating because as a researcher, you're developing the worlds knowledge on particular topics. With every experiment you get closer to a paper and with every paper the world of engineering gets a new piece of knowledge or technology or method that will help move the world forward in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment